Selling your Home? Consider these Quick UpdatesJuly 30, 2014
There is no denying the fact that big changes can go a long way in helping you sell your home. From a kitchen remodel to a fresh coat of paint, these can increase the value of your property while also attracting a large number of potential buyers.
Did you know that there are just as many (if not more) quick updates that can impact the sale of your home, helping you increase your chance of receiving a full price offer?
Here are just a few minor updates to consider:
1. Paint your baseboards and doors. This has nothing to do with the paint on the wall, but everything to do with the trim. For many, this is not necessary. For others, however, this is a great way to add a “cleaner” look to their property. There is nothing worse than dinged up trim and doors that are faded. A gallon of white paint can go a long way.
Tip: match the paint you buy to the current color of your trim.
2. Replace heat registers. Over the years, these can begin to look worn down. Furthermore, they may also lose their inability to open and close.
It only costs a few dollars to replace one of these, so you might as well consider doing so. For a relatively small amount of money, you can make an update that potential buyers are sure to recognize.
3. Swap out all door knobs and hardware. For example, you could get rid of those old gold door knobs and kitchen hardware for an updated nickel or bronze appearance.
You only need a couple of things to get started:
Replacement knobs and hardware
4. Switch plates. Just the same as heat registers, these tend to wear out over time. It may not be something you notice, because you are used to your home, but potential buyers will see these and wonder why you didn’t make the simple and affordable upgrade.
You are likely to have many of these throughout your home, but fortunately they are very inexpensive to replace.
5. Light fixtures. This is a bit more advanced than other updates, but nothing you should shy away from. Even if you are not a registered electrician, with the right research and a safe approach you can swap out those outdated fixtures for something more modern.
Do you still have questions about the changes you can make to improve the chance of selling your home quickly and for top dollar? If so, contact us for a consultation. We are more than happy to visit your home, provide advice, and help you stage your property for a fast sale.