On the fence about getting your home staged?September 17, 2012
The sellers with staged homes ended up with 6.3% more than their asking price,…
On the fence about getting your home staged?
A recent statistical analysis by HomeGain recently surveyed nearly 600 real estate agents nationwide to determine the “top 10 low cost*, do-it-yourself home improvements“ for people getting their home ready to sell.
The top five nationwide home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers, based on average cost and return on investment (ROI) to sellers, are:
- Cleaning and de-cluttering ($290 cost / $1,990 price increase / 586% ROI / 99% recommended)
- Lightening and brightening ($375 cost / $1,550 price increase / 313% ROI / 97% recommended)
- Home staging ($550 cost / $2,194 price increase / 299% ROI / 80% recommended)
- Landscaping ($540 cost / $1,932 price increase / 258% ROI / 93% recommended)
- Repair Electrical or Plumbing ($535 cost / $1,505 price increase / 181% ROI / 92% recommended)
Costs are averages and rounded up.
USA today reports similar statistics supporting the value of home staging: “The sellers with staged homes ended up with 6.3% more than their asking price, on average, while sellers with non-staged homes sold for 1.6% more than the asking price.”
The Hope Designs team of professionals can help you be in the right spectrum of the statistics. Putting a small investment into getting your home staged will get you a bigger and faster return on what is certainly one of the biggest financial transactions you will ever make, selling your home!
Call us at Call Hope Designs at 647.496.5766, or use our contact form here