Home Staging Survey By Realtors Gives Interesting Insight to SellersFebruary 8, 2018
It’s been proven over and over again that professional home staging is an effective way to help homeowners sell faster and for more money compared to homes that have not been staged. But how exactly does staging work to please buyers? Wouldn’t it be great if there was something that could give sellers some insight into how well staging works and what buyers think of staged homes?
Well, there is! Recently, the National Association of Realtors (NAR) conducted a survey on over 53,000 realtors to get a grasp of precisely how home staging is perceived and received, and the answers are pretty interesting. (In case you’re wondering, the results are very reliable considering the margin of error of plus-or-minus 2.25%.)
Here are some of the findings of the recent survey from buyer and seller agents who participated.
Are Homebuyers Affected by Home Staging?
- 48% say that home staging has an impact on the majority of homebuyers.
- 48% say that home staging has an impact on some homebuyers, but not all.
- 4% say that home staging does not have an impact on homebuyers.
Based on these answers, almost all (96%) of realtors claim that home staging certainly has an effect on homebuyers.
How Are Homebuyers Affected by Home Staging?
- 77% say home staging helps homebuyers see themselves living in a home.
- 40% say home staging makes homebuyers more willing to view a home they’ve seen on the internet.
- 38% say home staging increases the value of a home value if its decor is in line with what home buyers want.
- 27% say home staging helps homebuyers see past any flaws.
The answers provided in this category show that home staging efforts are certainly effective when executed properly.
How Does Home Staging Affect the Buyers’ Offers?
- 31% of buyer agents say it increases the offer by 1% to 5%, while 29% of seller agents believe the same.
- 13% of buyer agents say it increases the offer by 6% to 10%, while 21% of seller agents believe the same.
- 3% of buyer agents say it increases the offer by 11% to 15%, while 5% of seller agents believe the same.
- 2% of buyer agents say it increases the offer by 16% to 20%%, while 3% of seller agents believe the same.
- 14% of buyer agents say it makes no difference, while 14% of seller agents believe the same.
- 27% of buyer agents are unsure, while 26% of seller agents believe the same.
It can be clearly seen that both buyer and seller agents have very similar thoughts on how home staging affects the initial offer.
How Does Home Staging Affect the Length of Time Homes Spend on the Market?
- 39% of listing agents see a significant decrease in DOM (days on the market).
- 23% of listing agents see a slight decrease in DOM.
- 8% of listing agents experience no change.
Home Staging – It Works!
These numbers speak for themselves, and the fact that they are coming from buyer and seller agents who have first-hand experience with buyers makes them even more reliable. If you are still on the fence about staging, these numbers should easily tip you in the right direction. When you’re ready to have your home staged, get in touch with Hope Designs, the award-winning Toronto home staging firm that will get you results!